Saturday, May 21, 2011

While I Wait

I'm in a valley right now. Not a terrible one. But a valley all the same. A valley is something we are going through that is not what we would want. Sometimes we are put in a valley because of others. Sometimes we are put in a valley because of ourselves. The valleys are used by God to help us grow. Nevertheless, valleys are not places we enjoy being. I will not share with you what this valley is however, I will share with you what I do when I'm in a valley. Something I have learned over the years as I've grown closer to God. When I'm in a valley I need God's help. I need to wait patiently on the Lord. The Bible says that you should count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.  But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. (James 4:2-4) So I know that how I act during this time needs to be pleasing to God. This is what I know; God is in control of everything.  All things work together for good to those that love the Lord (Rom 8:28). Well, I love the Lord and know that this valley is somehow going to work out for my good. How do I know? Because God doesn't lie. And because I have faith in Him. I believe how I act during this time determines how long I remain in the valley. I am not saying I don't get down during this time - sometimes I cry, sometimes I complain, sometimes I act...human. But as I grow closer to the Lord these ways get less and less. As quickly as I can, I turn to my Comforter - the Holy Spirit. Sometimes I go into my "prayer room", turn on some worship music and praise God for all the blessings He has given to me. I turn my thoughts to Him. While the valley remains I can choose to focus on Him rather than on my valley. When I focus on Him I am filled with peace and joy!
For now, as I walk through this valley, I am singing and praising Him!  I know that this is somehow going to better me. One thing I am sure of is that while I am in this valley I am getting closer to my Savior - and that is one reason I will gladly stay there.


This is my song when I'm in a valley!

No comments:

Post a Comment