Friday, July 1, 2011

Double Digits

My little angel turned 10 on Monday. Time sure flies! I've watched this gift that God has entrusted to me grow. With each age I say "I don't want her to grow up"! And at the same time I can't wait to see what the next year brings! It's such a huge responsiblity - raising a child - and yet it's one that I cherish. I pray that God gives me the wisdom I need to do the best job I can. At times I feel like I'm failing. Other times I feel like I'm Supermom!
In a world that is so filled with immorality it's sometimes hard to protect her from it. I stand on God's promise that when you start a child on the way he should go, when they get old they will not turn from it. (Prov 22:6) So I teach her right from wrong, I try to be the best example of a godly woman as I can, I discipline her when she needs it. I love on her and I pray. The rest I leave to God!
The next 10 years will be here before I know it - my job will pretty much be done - she will be a young woman. A young godly woman with a mama that can look back and be proud of how God has used her to shape her daughter into the woman she has become.

No comments:

Post a Comment