Thursday, February 17, 2011

To take the ride or not? - that is the question

Have you ever searched your soul? I mean really searched your soul. Sometimes what we find isn't very pleasant. Sometimes it's downright shameful - at least it is if you have any conscience! Since I became a Christian 6 years ago, my real soul searching started. It has been one amazing, scary, thrilling, hard, exhilarating roller coaster ride! God has shown me things that needed reshaping, refining and even recycling. He has taken things away and even added some. (Lots actually).  He is making changes in me everyday. (2 Cor 3:18) But heck, if He would have shown me all that needed changing at once I don't think I would have wanted to take the ride. Now, I am so glad that I did!  Joyce Meyer, a fantastic bible teacher, often says, "I may not be where I need to be, but thank God I am not where I used to be"! I ditto that. This blog is my faith journey - my walk with Jesus shared with you to hopefully help you search your soul and maybe get a little closer to the One who died so you could go to heaven. Please know that He is the only way you can get there - Jesus said  "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". (John 14:6). So, after waiting in that long line, hop in your seat, put the bar across your lap and start the ride! If you're not quite ready, if it seems a little scary, it's okay, you can watch from a distance and hopefully decide to take the ride the next time!

1 comment: